Search

Scale It Back (Robotaki Remix) by DJ Shadow


And a round of applause for a first Robotaki post. Reading more on this guy lead me to ready made remixes from the likes of Shinichi Osawa, Housse De Racket, Chilly Gonzales and a few beats for those Korean hotties they call Girls' Generation, all found in his Soundcloud. Here's more on Robotaki...


"Hey! My name's Preston and I’m 20 years old. As "Robotaki," I produce music between the other happenings of my life, something I've been doing for about 4-5 years so far. I'm now in first year university at McGill University at Montreal, Quebec. Analog sounds and raw waveforms have a warm place in my heart.I plan to maintain music as an active part of my life, despite the seemingly differing career choices I'm heading towards at the moment. As far as the production hardware and software goes, I run FL Studio 9 on an average computer bought in 2008 with an array of VSTs.The only "hardware" I use is literally the keyboard, mouse, a decent pair of AKG headphones, and the screen, and maybe the nearby desk lamp since that gives me a bit of light haha. Safe to say, I'm dying to get my hands on my first controller soon. For remix and production inquiriesabraham@bigdog.fm" 

His latest work is from a recent from DJ Shadow who is apparently hosting a remix competition for his "Scale It Back" song featuring the awesome vocals of Little Dragon lead, Yukimi Nagano. In my opinion, after hearing Robotaki's entry, competition over. We have a winner! 

Obviously a perfect track to begin with, Robotaki simply enhances the elements of the song and effectively adding his mark to it but not too much to overdose. This kid has... Is potential. Happy to be able to post about him.