Search

Trials Of The Past


So this is what SBTRKT looks like when he's not wearing the full-faced creepy bearded native society ceremonial mask...  


Says V on Stuck On Repeat:

"SBTRKT likely threw a lot of people for a loop with his just released, self-titled album. In a word, it’s unexpected. SBTRKT marries of the moment bass sounds with soulful vocal contributions. With so much of the music coming out of this scene right now focused on vocal deconstruction and manipulation, hearing clean melodies is instantly powerful, and refreshing. I can’t listen to the album though, without nostalgia kicking my ass. Memories of the first time I heard MJ Cole and Artful Dodger flood my head. And I’m thankful that a whole new generation will get to experience that excitement, thanks to SBTRKT. “Trials Of The Past” with Sampha’s aching, longing vocals is my favorite of the bunch."

Says ANT:

SBTRKT and Sampha make a really good team, eh? Our favorite masked London-based producer did it again with this track I came across in Stuck On Repeat. Why it got there? You be the judge. But in my opinion, now that I have a copy of it, it really does get stuck on repeat.