Search

Mixtape: The Race by Mick Boogie


Says Mick Boogie:

"Last month, I deejayed one of the release parties for Need For Speed: The Run. Truthfully, the game is amazing. It feels like you're really on the road driving your own car from Cali to New York. I checked out the website and they had some awesome trailers that really had me psyched to play the game. They used a lot of cool tracks in some of their trailers... From bands that I love like The Black Keys. As I was flying back from San Francisco to NYC over the weekend, I realized I was making the same path the characters in the game must complete.

So I made this mix to coincide with the game, the music, and the cities it takes you through, inspired by the journey. Among the regions represented are Philadelphia (The Roots), Ohio (The Black Keys, and Chicago (Common). It's a true racing soundtrack... Hence the title The Race. Play it while driving. Play it while running. Mute your TV and play it while gaming. The important thing is... Just play it."

Download: The Race by Mick Boogie

Track List:

01. Thurzday - The Race (Intro)
02. Black Keys - Ohio
03. Black Keys - Ain't Nothing Like You (feat. Mos Def & Jim Jones)
04. Phoenix - Run Run Run
05. Cocaine 80 - Six Feet Over (feat. Common)
06. The Roots - Proceed (Beatminerz Remix)
07. Black Keys - Everlasting Light (The Mummers Remix)
08. Del The Funky Homosapien - Calculate
09. Amtrac - What To Say
10. Yonas Michael - It All Started With The Ooh Wee
11. London Souls - Old Country Road
12. Rolling Stones - Gimmie Shelter
13. Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix)
14. Silver Medallion - Lost Ones
15. Girls Against Boys - She's Lost Control
16. Gnarles Barkley - Run
17. Endless Boogie - Gimme The Awesome
18. Yelawolf - Pop The Trunk (Bones Version)