Search

Video: Blue Sky by Common


Less than a month in and visuals for the "Blue Sky" video is already out. It is Common's second single for his album, The Dreamer, The Believer, that will be out around next month. Word is that from November it gets bumped to December. What a bummer! 

The Parris-directed video features a find reminder of what inspiration really is. A classic move but very effective. The only way to illustrate the true message of the video, I think. A dancer, a musician, an artist and an athlete, all featured doing what they do best while chasing the dream.

Says Common:

"When I think of 'Blue Sky,' the first thought that came to my mind was just hope and dreams. ...I think 'Man, it's about to be a good day'," he said. "It made me feel like fulfilling my dreams and going to get what I wanted. And that's the theme of the song, 'Yo, go get your dreams.'" (via Aceshowbiz)  



"I'm telling my dream and how I'm going to get it, I'm telling others to get it."