Search

Make My (feat. Big K.R.I.T.) by The Roots


Oh yeah! Official announcement of a new album from The Roots called undun. Pretty heavy stuff included in the LP. A conceptual actually, an "existential re-telling of the short life of Redford Stephens (1974-1999)." Basically, the album "seeks to illustrate the intersection of free will and prescribed destiny as it plays out 'on the corner." 

So who is Redford Stephens? No idea on my part but according to drummer, ?uestlove, he is someone who was not born a criminal but grows up to be a misunderstood one anyway? Confusing, I know. Here is more on the concept.

Says ?uestlove:

"undun is the story of this kid who becomes criminal, but he wasn't born criminal." He adds, "He's not the nouveau exotic primitive bug-eyed gunrunner like Tupac's character Bishop in Juice... he's actually thoughtful and is neither victim nor hero. Just some kid who begins to order his world in a way that makes the most sense to him at a given moment ... at the end of the day ... isn't that what we all do?"


Very interesting... Can't wait to get my hands on the LP and experience it in full. It gets released on the 6th of December via Island Def Jam Recordings. I got for you the first single off the album featuring Big K.R.I.T. with "Make My." Sit tight for the official which will be released on the 1st of November on iTunes.