Search

Low Shoulder by Toro y Moi


I think it's time for some Chaz Bundick music to finally kick-off this lazy Sunday afternoon. I'm not sure why I chose him but I have this feeling that it's just appropriate. Well he does carry the Toro y Moi name and chillwave is his game. "Low Shoulder" is a single off his debut album, Causers Of This, a large cut of ambient samples and dreamy synths together with bumpy percussion and hazy vocals. A collection of slow and soulful but still danceable. 


Though everything I said above was of being chill, the video beneath it is the complete and extreme opposite. Directed by Elisha Smith-Leverock and Chris Murdoch, "a girl makes her way to an eerie dinner, helps herself to a cup of coffee, passes out (which should be the other way around when drinking coffee) and wakes up only to find out that she is now a part and the focal point of a nightmarish Satanic ritual ceremony (via Pitchfork)." Good thing I'm not a fan of coffee.