Search

1979


This rainy Monday evening deserves something fitting for the weather. A rare cover/re-make of the Smashing Pumpkins classic, "1979," from their album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Obviously, judging from the art of the post, it is by the very talented DJ/producer, RAC. This remix is actually in celebration of having already 10, 000 Facebook fans under his followers. Popular, ain't he? This time on vocals, Liz Anjos, wife to the man behind RAC, André Anjos. For more info about the track, I'll let the man himself to the talking.

Says RAC:

"Many many years ago my buddy Filipe gave me a burnt cd with this file on it. It was this new thing called mp3 and apparently it was the future. I happily installed winamp (2.9 for lyfe) and listened to this particular song on repeat. It’s all I had. That might not mean much, but it was just the start of what became my musical journey. I obviously liked music before that, but access was always a serious barrier. Napster came along and suddenly I had access to a lot more (On a 56k connection). A lot of people whine and whine about piracy but forget about the obvious benefit. I’m able to do music for a living today because mp3′s opened the door for independent music. It leveled the playing field. People are far more musically educated today than they were 10 years ago. It seriously educated me. There’s still a lot of horrible music today, but at least you know about the good stuff.
The song was 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins. I figured it would be cool to do a cover. It had been a while since I did a track with my wife, so this seemed like a great opportunity for that. We tried to keep it relatively close to the original but definitely putting our own spin on it."

RAC - 1979 (ft. Liz Anjos) by RAC